Napali Snorkel Sail
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 5-12
Napali Coast Snorkeling & Sailing Tour
Fun in the sun is the name of the game on our action-packed Napali Snorkel Sail tour. We’re talking sightseeing, snorkeling, and sailing on this five-hour ocean adventure that’s perfect for couples, families, photographers, sailing enthusiasts, and anyone that appreciates an ocean adventure and a great value. Let’s break it down:
- Sightseeing: The Napali Coast is pretty much indisputably the most scenic and dramatic coastline in all of Hawaii and is not to be missed on a visit to Kauai. If you’ve traveled this far, you owe it to yourself to witness these sacred seventeen miles of absolute glory. Waterfalls glittering as they cascade down 4,000’ sea cliffs, interesting geological features such as sea caves and arches, waves breaking on pristine beaches, and an abundance of wildlife including spinner dolphins, green sea turtles, pelagic bird species, and (seasonally) migrating humpback whales. You might want to pack a tissue or two because the astounding beauty and ancient power of Napali might just move you to tears.
- Snorkeling: The Napali Coast is incredible above ground, and the waters surrounding Kauai have so much to offer underwater as well, so let’s get in the water! We have all sizes of snorkels, masks, and fins for everyone, and our crew members will set you up for success by offering some snorkeling tips and best practices. They will be in the water with you, acting as your lifeguard and also your friend—there to help adjust your mask or whatever you may need to feel confident and comfortable and have a positive underwater experience. Observe coral reef ecosystems, dozens of tropical fish species, and keep your eyes peeled for one of Hawaii’s two endemic mammal species, Hawaiian monk seals. Leila has a slide off her starboard stern, and we think that’s the best way to enter the water for snorkeling; it will make you feel like a kid again!
- Sailing: Leila is a 50’ sailing catamaran and she doesn’t just look pretty—she goes! With her sleek hulls, low center-of-gravity, modern fiberglass construction, and substantial main and jib sails, Leila consistently reaches speeds of up to fifteen knots under sail. On a typical Kauai trade-wind day, we’ll start the tour by motoring upwind along Napali so we can be sure to see the entire coast. After snorkeling and lunch, we’ll typically spend about a half an hour downwind sailing on our way back to Port Allen. The crew will hoist the sails, the Captain will kill the motors, and you’ll be thinking “ahhhhh” as we experience that old-as-time feeling of traveling across the water solely by the power of the wind. Keep in mind that, although uncommon, there are days when there’s simply not enough wind to sail. While that may be disappointing, there’s always the bright side—if conditions are that calm, we’ve likely had a silky-smooth ride sightseeing and excellent visibility while snorkeling.
On our Napali Snorkel Sail tour, you’ll be able to truly relax and enjoy the day. Wake up, drive yourself down to Port Allen, and we’ll take it from there. As soon as you’re on board, we’ll start the tour with a fresh continental-style breakfast with coffee, juices, cheesy, veggie egg scramble, pastries, and seasonal fresh fruit.
As aforementioned, we have all the snorkeling gear and your Captain will select an optimal snorkeling location given the day’s unique conditions—so no need to worry about buying or renting gear and researching snorkeling spots, parking, yadda yadda– we got you!
When everyone is safely back on board after snorkeling, it’s time for a colorful lunch—sandwich bar with all your favorites, fresh veggies and dip, noodle salad, and cookies—all made daily with whole ingredients by our local caterers. Post-snorkeling is also when we can begin to offer adult beverages to our guests over the age of 21. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere and we’ve got something for everyone with a creative selection of domestic and craft beers, hard seltzers, and wines to enhance the sail back to Port Allen.
With our permits, our company has the privilege of sharing the extraordinary Napali Coast with guests from around the world. With this privilege comes many responsibilities, that we take very seriously. Holo Holo Charters proudly maintains the safest and cleanest vessels on Kauai, and our company is the only Kauai tour boat company to be certified by the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawaii, the NOAA Dolphin SMART Program, and the Surfrider Foundation Ocean Friendly Restaurant Program.
Our goal is to provide our guests with unforgettable ocean experiences while being mindful of protecting and supporting the natural and cultural resources that make Kauai and Hawaii unique and special. Whether you’ve been dozens of times, or this is your first, we encourage you to say YES to our engaging, educational, and downright gorgeous Napali Snorkel Sail.
- Medium Roast Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
- Breakfast Pastries
- Scrambled Eggs with Sauteed Veggies & Cheese (Vegetarian/GF)
- Fresh Fruit Salad (Vegan/GF)
- Oatmeal packets available
- Locally Made Bread (GF Option Available)
- Deli Meats (Turkey, Ham, Pastrami, Salami)
- Cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss)
- Sandwich Veggies (Lettuce, Tomato, Sprouts, Onion, Pickles, Pepperoncini)
- Sauces (Mayo, Mustard, Horseradish Mayo, Sriracha)
- Pasta Salad (Vegetarian)
- Veggie Crudité with Ranch (Vegetarian) and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Vegan/GF)
- Coconut Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
Your Tour Includes
- See the Napali Coast, amazing marine life, and more!
- Continental breakfast and gourmet deli lunch
- Soft drinks and water; wine and beer served after snorkeling
- All snorkeling equipment and instruction is included
- The chance to see humpback whales (in season)
- For safety, no pregnant women or children under 5 allowed on this tour.
- Check in at 7:30 a.m. at our Port Allen location (time varies by season)
- Tour Length 5 hours
- Tax not included
For safety, no pregnant women or children under five allowed on this tour.
Note that our Napali Coast boat tours often fill up 2-3 weeks in advance. Booking your tour early in your vacation window is a good idea in case weather forces us to postpone your tour.
To reserve Leila for private group charter of the South Shore or the Napali Coast: Contact Us.
We pride ourselves on creating fun and memorable ocean adventures for our guests. Your safety is our top priority; therefore, all tour routes, destinations, and snorkeling activities are dependent on ocean and weather conditions. If you are joining us during our winter season November – March, tours can be more often impacted by weather. Conditions around Kauai can change quickly, so our expert captains are constantly analyzing and may wait until check-in time to determine the best route for the day. If that occurs you will have the opportunity to go on the altered tour, reschedule to another day (availability permitting), or cancel your tour at no charge if it is weather-related. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 808-335-0815 so we can help create the best experience for you and your family!